A Community of Hope
Partnerships founded in great energy!
Upon meeting Chef Azmin Ghahreman, chef/owner/founder of both Sapphire Laguna and Sapphire at School, we instantly connected. His energy for positive change, purpose, giving back, and improving access to good whole foods for Orange County school children is absolutely inspiring.
Just weeks later we brought our first group of MaxLove Project community families to Tanaka Farms, generously supported by the Tanaka family, to experience a VIP farm tour. Meeting Farmer Glenn Tanaka we felt that very same energy -- a deep commitment to serving others and making this world a better place. On the farm we witnessed SuperKids facing tremendous difficulties thrive on the farm, walking when they had not been, talking when it was difficult to do so, and running when walking was tough enough. It became very clear to us all that Tanaka Farms is a very special therapeutic place.
Witness this energy in action in our Thrive Manifesto video (below) featuring both Chef Azmin and Tanaka Farms. This is our Community of Hope!
Farm to Fork was inspired by this energy for change, wellness and thrivership. Thanks to Farmer Tanaka and Chef Azmin, our dream is coming to life. On October 24th we'll gather with friends, SuperFamilies, community members, chefs, philanthropists, change-makers, taste-makers, media, bloggers, and loads of volunteers to take a stand for the health and wellbeing of the most vulnerable kids in Orange County, and our nation. It's this gathering, this group, that's changing the odds for all kids fighting and surviving cancer today.
We are honoring Linda Suh, founder and CEO of Cloud b, MaxLove Project's first partner in hope. ABC 7's Greg Lee is emceeing the event, tying it together with his recent news story about Sapphire at School's newest school lunch program at Santa Margarita Catholic High School. Catch that amazing story HERE.
Presented by The Honest Company, Farm to Fork will feature the amazing artistry of Chef Azmin will be cooking up an interactive family-style multi-course meal on the farm with locally-sourced produce in a rustic setting complete with live music, crafts for grown-ups by Little Junebugs, organic handcrafted cocktails from the RastaRita margarita truck, Seaworth Coffee Co. cold brew coffee, Hill Family Estate wines, Lily's Sweets sugar-free chocolate, MaxLove Brand give-aways, an innovative live auction featuring Tenfold Harvest garden beds, a SuperKid artwork silent auction, and a fabulous opportunity drawing.
It's our goal to raise $100,000 for our cause, supporting our Fierce Foods Academy cooking classes, Love + Light SuperKit program, Camp Make & Believe therapeutic arts initiative, Broth Bank program, and research initiatives for the coming year. We couldn't do this without our Super Community! If you can't join us on the farm, please consider donating a ticket for a SuperFamily to attend or donating to support a program or initiative.
The Little Details
- Tickets can be purchased HERE through October 18th.
- Location: Tanaka Farms in Irvine, CA. Click HERE for a map.
- Look for the road Strawberry Farm off of University Drive.
- Progress toward the Tanaka Farms Pumpkin Patch (not the farm stand).
- You will be directed toward our complimentary valet which is adjacent to the registration area.
- Time: Guests will begin arriving at 5:00pm and the event will conclude at 10:00pm.
- After-Party: Uber to the nearby Hotel Irvine for an after-party at the Red Bar!
- Hotel Accommodations: Check with the Hotel Irvine to make a night of it! Click HERE to learn more!
- Special Accommodations: We're here to help! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
- Dress code suggestion: "Farm Fresh" upscale casual. The event is on a working farm. Wear comfortable shoes or boots and bring a sweater or jacket for the cool evening.
- Rain Date: Saturday, November 7th.
- Don't forget your sense of adventure!